NSW School Students
Looking for a launch into the Equine Industry with the Australian Equine Institute you and study and live your passion.
Study with the AEI team to obtain your Nationally Recognised Certificate.
Are you looking to work within the Equine Industry? It would have to be one of the hardest industries to step into. You need to have a friend like the AEI team to point you in the right direction.
The AEI team have been in your shoes before, just passing time at school to go out and get started working with horses. Don’t waste this time get your Equine studies started now so when you finish school you have all the qualifications and training that you need to hit the ground running.
After completing your Certificate III in Horsemanship 10135NAT (Riding, Handling & Behaviour) you will be equipped with the skills and knowledge to work within a wide range of different equine positions.
Having Nationally Accredited Certificate III in Horsemanship is going to give you the skills and knowledge to not only improve your day to day equine life but also help you move into your specialised area.
See more information on the Career Pathways Flyer.
Unlike many other courses out there on the market this course is all about HORSES! Written by horse people for horse people.
Over the 12 units you will be learning a wide range of new skills and knowledge.
HMSEPH301 - Demonstrate an understanding of the Evolution and Psychology of Equine Behaviour
HMSWHS301 - Apply Health and Safety Procedures in Equine Recreational Activities
MSPEA301 - Provide Equine Accommodation
HMSEWL301 - Comply with Equine Welfare and the Recreational Horse Industry
HMSEAP301 - Apply Principles of Equine Anatomy and Physiology
SISOEQU014 - Determine Nutritional Requirements for Sport or Recreational Horses
HMSGEM301 - Conduct Grooming of Horses
HLTAID003 - Provide First Aid
SISOEQO304A - Apply First Aid for Horses
HMSHHC302 - Undertake Preventative Equine Health Care
HMSEGT301 - Perform Equine Groundwork and Transportation
HMSURG308 - Undertake Riding at the Appropriate Skill Level
There are a few different options to best suit your location and situation.
You are best to discuss this with an AEI staff member upon enrolment.
Our Course content is made up of
- Short question & answers
- True or False questions
- Interactive Diagrams
- Video Tutorials
- Power Point Presentations
- 4 Practical Assessments out of 12 units (including first aid)
- Direct assessor feedback and support
- Student Support chat system
- The online portal is bursting with information and photos.
A combination of both practical and theory knowledge are the requirements for this qualification. Your skills and knowledge will flourish and develop throughout the course.
Being a Nationally Recgonised Qualification there is a few
- Appropriate level of physical stamina and strength
- Appropriate level of agility and coordination
- Be 15 years or over at time of entry into the course
- Horse, rider and all equipment to be used will be required to pass a safety/risk check to ensure student safety, the safety of others and the safety of horses in their care.
- A Horse Identification Form (HIF) must be completed and submitted
- Have adequate literacy and numeracy skills fit and healthy enough to meet the practical requirements of this course
Before commencing in your course, students will be given a language, literacy and numeracy test to confirm their ability to complete this course without LLN support.
If you have LLN needs, limited additional support will be offered to you during your course. If you have substantial LLN needs, we will contact
your school about providing you with additional support.
If you believe you have pre-requisites (RPL – Recgonised Prior Learning) please be sure to talk to the friendly AEI staff about a credit transfer.
Answer yes to any of the below you need to call the AEI team on 1300 EQUINE to get started in 3 easy steps
- Are you looking for an equine career?
- Do you want to enhance your equine skills?
- Not confident in what you are doing?
- Want a professional equine qualification?
- Looking to make some friends in the equine world?
- Currently working in the equine industry with NO WHS Certificate?
No worries at all there is a few different ways to complete the 3 practical units that is done with horses. Give the AEI team a call to discuss the best option for you call 1300 EQUINE
Australian Equine Institute ensures that learning is interactive and enjoyable for students. Extensive student support is available and the AEI team are always happy to help students with learning difficulties or individual needs.
“We believe learning should be enjoyable and tailored for the individual”, says Roz Forsyth from the AEI team. “I enjoy every day as I see our student’s progress through the course and are buzzing with newfound confidence and skill”